Who can drive a tax-free vehicle?

This information can also be found in our Booking Terms & Conditions that you must sign to agree to when placing your reservation:

The minimum driver age is 18 years (no maximum driver age) and you must hold a valid driving licence recognised in the EU. If you hold a full Australian drivers licence, an International Drivers Permit (in conjunction with your Australian licence) is highly recommended (compulsory in some countries).
The leased vehicle may be driven only by the holder of the Citroën Euro Pass Order Form (the “Contract Holder”) or his/her Partner (i.e. spouse or legal co-habitant), direct descendants or ascendants, if they qualify for the scheme (refer “Eligibility”) and hold valid driving licences (as noted previously).

Direct ascendants/descendants may only drive the vehicle locally and cannot drive across country borders without the Contract Holder.

The spouse/legal co-habitant can cross country borders, even if the Contract Holder is not in the vehicle.

Other drivers (not descendants/ascendants/spouse/legal co-habitant) can only drive the vehicle if they meet the same Eligibility conditions as the Contract Holder and the Contract Holder is inside the vehicle and unable to drive due to an emergency or exceptional circumstances.

The leased vehicle may not be used in any way to generate any income, profit or gain.

Note: it is the Contract Holders responsibility to ensure they are aware of the driving requirements through each European country.